O-ring design guides for engineers help select the best o-ring material specifications for your applications. O-ring design guides include o-ring sizing charts, o-ring groove design references, o-ring chemical compatibility guides, o-ring tolerances and failure analysis guides, and o-ring material selection references.
In addition to the specifications outlined in the references below, custom o-rings are available upon request, typically with no tooling fees.
- Sizing Charts - O-Rings and X-Rings
- O-Ring Groove Design Reference Guides for general defaults with adjustments required
to maximize performance.
X-Rings and Square Rings can typically function in O-Ring grooves but can be optimized to further maximize X-Ring performance.
- O-Ring Tolerances - General Purpose
- O-Ring Failure Analysis Guide
- O-Ring Material Selection Reference Guides
X-Rings are available in O-Ring materials
- FFKM Kalrez® O-Rings Material
- FFKM Markez® O-Rings Material
- FKM Viton® O-Rings Material
- TFE/P Aflas® O-Rings Material
- NBR Buna-N O-Rings Material
- Hydrogenated Nitrile HNBR O-Rings Material
- VMQ Silicone O-Rings Material
- FVMQ Fluorosilicone O-Rings Material
- Ethylene Propylene EPDM O-Rings Material
- Polyurethane O-Rings Material
- FFKM Chemraz® O-Rings Material
- FFKM Simriz® O-Rings Material
- PTFE Encapsulated O-Rings Material
- O-Ring Rubber Chemical Compatibility Guide